Located in the heart of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, the city of Biloxi is cooled by sea breezes, reminding residents how lucky they are to live here.
Totaling over 46 square miles, it is one of the bigger cities in Mississippi and is known for its white-sand beaches, deep-sea fishing, championship golf courses, and 24/7 casinos. It is also a cultural melting pot, with the most colorful of histories and the most modern of amenities.
With the mix of old and new, natural beauty and manmade wonders, it’s no wonder Biloxi is often voted as one of the best places to live in Mississippi!
- Biloxi is one of the bigger cities in the state in terms of population as well. It is home to over 44,500 people.
- Residents enjoy mild winters and amazing summers as snow is rare if not non-existent in Biloxi.
- The casinos that line the beach date back to the 1940s. Biloxi is where most Southern families summer.
- The city is the setting for 1985 play written by Neil Simon entitled Biloxi Blues. The play was later adapted into the 1988 movie starring Matthew Broderick and Christopher Walken.
- Biloxi is right in the middle of what biologists call “The Fertile Fisheries Crescent” making the waters in the area perfect for competitive sports fishing.
- Biloxi was once home to Edward Barq, the creator of the famous Barq’s root beer.
Homes for Sale in Biloxi
There are plenty of real estate options in Biloxi. Choose from 3 to 5-bedroom single-family homes, including a beautiful selection of well-preserved antebellum residences. There are condos and townhouses as well for those who don’t need a lot of space and there are lots and land for sale in a wide range of sizes.
If you want to be alerted when properties that meet your requirements enter the market, or if you’re looking for the perfect home in Biloxi, contact the real estate professionals at Coldwell Banker Smith Homes today.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed