Imagine the relaxing murmur of waves and the invigorating smell of sea breezes right in your backyard – on a permanent basis. Sounds too good to be true? Often, the pleasures of waterfront living cost a pretty penny or a tiring commute. But not if you move to D’Iberville, a neighborhood that delivers the conveniences of big city living with the hospitality of quaint small towns.
Located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, just 4 miles north of Biloxi, the city of D’Iberville is the perfect example of laidback Southern living. It occupies 7.3 square miles, with a little more than 10,000 residents. Situated right on the Back Bay, the beach is just a 5-minute drive away, making water sports and activities an easy choice when it comes to leisure and recreation.
- D’Iberville is named after Pierre Le Moyne d’Iberville, a soldier and adventurer from Quebec, Canada who first set foot in the area in 1699 in his quest to build a fort in behalf of the French. It would take close to 300 years for the city to be recognized and incorporated.
- D’Iberville is part of the Harrison County School district, one of the highest- rated school districts in the state of Mississippi.
- The city is bordered by the Gulf of Mexico on the south and the Biloxi River on the north.
- The household income for residents of D’Iberville is higher by 15% than the state average.
- The city has over a hundred full-service restaurants, more than 80 convenience stores, 3 supercenters, and around two dozen grocery stores.
Homes for Sale in D’Iberville
If you’re thinking of living your Southern coastal dream, consider D’Iberville as one of the most ideal spots to put down roots.
You’ll find mostly single-family residences in this coastal Mississippi community, with a smattering of condos and townhomes. For more information, contact the real estate professionals at Coldwell Banker Smith Homes.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed