Gautier MS Real Estate
With the Pascagoula bayous on one side and the Gulf of Mexico on the other, Gautier is like no other city. Located in the heart of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, this small Jackson County town is a bedroom resort community that boasts top-notch amenities and breathtaking natural landscapes.
Highly regarded as one of the best towns in Mississippi, Gautier is the perfect place to settle down and start a family. If you can imagine waking up to the ocean breeze every day – or if you want the promise of it oh so close by – then maybe it’s time you found the home of your dreams in Gautier.
- At less than 13 square miles, the city has about 18,000 residents.
- In 2013, Gautier had one of the lowest crime rates in the state of Mississippi.
- Gautier is a quick hour’s drive to Mobile, and is only two hours away from New Orleans.
- Gautier was named after Fernando Upton Gautier, who established a sawmill business in the area in 1867. The town grew from that point on as workers settled around their place of employment. Fernando’s homestead, known as The Old Place, still stands today.
- The Pascagoula River Basin, where Fernando set up his mill, was called “The Singing River” because the sound of the river was likened to a swarm of bees in flight. It is most audible during late summer evenings.
- Gautier is home to one of the best school systems in the state. In fact, the local high school was recognized as a Blue Ribbon School by the Department of Education in 2005. The city is also where the Jackson Country Campus of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is located.
- Gautier operates five parks and is home to Shell Landing, one of the best golf courses in the state.
Homes for Sale in Gautier MS
Single-family homes with 2-4 bedrooms are available, with some offering great views of the Gulf. If you’d rather build your dream home from the ground up, go for the empty lots on the market, which range in size from half an acre to 7 acres and feature wooded areas.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed