Located along the beautiful Chickasawhay River, Leakesville is the quintessential picture of laidback rural living. It is a place where you are greeted by the fresh morning breeze on your face, the sound of the babbling river, and a visual feast of glorious natural wonders.
If the simple life is what you’re looking for, stop by Leakesville, Mississippi and you just might find it to be the town of your dreams.
The county seat of Greene County, Leakesville is known as the “Gateway to the Chickasawhay” and lies in a setting defined by lush forests and sprinkling of lakes. It is just west of Highway 57 and the Mississippi-Alabama state line.
- Leakesville is one of the most compact cities in the area, at only 1.6 square miles.
- True to its size, Leakesville’s population is quite small as well. It’s less than 1,000, which is still a far cry from the 123 the town began with in 1906.
- From 2001-2012 the crime rate in the area was reported to be significantly lower than the national average. It is #34 on City-Data.com’s list of the Top 100 Safest Cities in the United States.
- Commuting to and from work or elsewhere throughout the region is not a problem for those who live in this tiny town. The average commute time for Leakesville residents is only 25 minutes.
- NFL players Don Churchwell and Walter Packer were born and raised in Leakesville.
Homes for Sale in Leakesville
As befits its rural setting and low population density, homes in Leakesville are usually located on large lots that are at least several acres in size. Architectural styles are varied, but lean towards the traditional. There are still quite a few land parcels available as well.
To find the best real estate options to suit your needs and lifestyle, contact the real estate professionals at Coldwell Banker Smith Homes. Let them know what you’re looking for today!
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed