Living a quiet country life is the lifelong aspiration of quite a few people. Hearing birds chirping as you awake, filling your lungs with fresh air, and giving a friendly wave to your neighbors are part of daily rural life. The small town of McLain offers all this and more.
It lies between the beautiful De Soto National Forest and the 180-mile-long Leaf River. The town epitomizes the best example of true Mississippi living.
Visit McLain in Mississippi and we dare you to resist falling in love with this wonderful small town.
- McLain covers just a little over 3 square miles and is populated by around 600 residents.
- The cost of living in this quiet community is 20% lower than the national average.
- McLain lies within the vicinity of Turtle Lake, Spring Lake, and Leaf River, among others. Thus, fishing is a major pastime in McLain.
- Residents earn almost 10% more than the state average.
- Homes in McLain are very affordable.
- The town is served by the Greene County School District. The district has one of the lowest student-to-teacher ratios at 15:1 compared to the national average of 26:1.
Homes for Sale in McLain
There’s a wide selection of gorgeous homes in McLain. The real estate market here features single-family residences of 2-3 bedrooms, and there are properties available downtown that can do double duty as business establishments.
Some of the homes boast of beautiful brick exteriors, while others feature large, wraparound, wooden decks overlooking Leaf River. Some of the common features and design details you’ll find here are separate storage buildings, lush garden, patios, and decks.
If you’re ready to settle down, why not consider this area, where you can find the friendliest people and the most beautiful surroundings. Contact the real estate professionals at Coldwell Banker Smith Homes to know more.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed