Nestled between the magnificent rivers of Pascagoula and Escatawpa, the city of Moss Point is located 100 miles east of New Orleans and 38 miles west of Mobile.
The town is named after the lush Spanish moss that hangs from the grand old oak trees that line its streets. It’s also abloom with beautiful camellias, azaleas, and magnolias for much of the year.
Moss Point boasts of a diverse population and has a rich history. The area was a stronghold for the French, Spanish, and British before becoming one of the world’s foremost lumber exporters in the late 19th century.
The only city on the Mississippi Gulf Coast with a riverfront, Moss Point is where abundant wildlife and a lively culture converge. Don’t wait to experience the good life in Moss Point.
- Moss Point has a total area of over 26 square miles and a population of around 13,600.
- A quarter of the population works in manufacturing and around 12% in healthcare, according to the 2010 Census.
- The city was first incorporated in 1901.
- Moss Point boasts of a commendable school system and a very low crime rate.
- With the area being so close to multiple bodies of water, Moss Point residents enjoy several water sports like fishing, boating, skiing, and swimming year round.
- Moss Point is the hometown of John Brock, CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises; David Thomas, singer and founder of the rock band Pere Ubu; and Tony Sipp, professional baseball relief pitcher for the Houston Astros.
Homes for Sale in Moss Point
People choose to retire in Moss Point because the cost of living is well below the national average by over 12%.
More than 85% of the houses in Moss Point are single-family homes. Often in the market are properties with 2 to 5 bedrooms, as well as an occasional vacant lot.
Contact the real estate professionals at Coldwell Banker Smith Homes to know more about the properties available in Moss Point. Let them know what’s on your real estate wish list!
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed