Ocean Springs MS Real Estate
Nestled between the coastal towns of Biloxi and Gautier, Ocean Springs City is a luxurious beach town stretching across the coastline of the Gulf of Mexico. The town is a thriving arts community with numerous galleries and eclectic shops dotting the area.
It’s the epitome of cultural diversity wedded to gorgeous natural landscapes.
At 15.2 square miles, Ocean Springs occupies 11.6 square miles of land and 3.6 square miles of water. It has a population of over 17,000, and has a positive job outlook.
- Known as the “City of Discovery,” Ocean Springs was settled by the French in 1699. It is considered the first French outpost in the area that would become Louisiana, and they occupied it to prevent the Spanish from staking a claim.
- Ocean Springs owes its diverse culture to its colorful past. At different periods in its history, the town was home to the French, the Spaniards, and the Biloxi Indians.
- The cost of living in this prime piece of real estate is low considering its proximity to the Gulf Coast. Schools are among the best in the state and the crime rate is comparatively low.
- With Ocean Springs being a center for the arts, it is not surprising that famous creative have taken a liking to this quaint coastal town. Famed painter and muralist Walter Inglis Anderson lived in Ocean Springs from 1928-1941.
- Ocean Springs is virtually synonymous with seafood. The Gulf is home to a thriving fishing industry with world-renowned harvests of shrimp, fish, crabs, and oysters.
Homes for Sale in Ocean Springs MS
You’ll find a great mix of dwellings in Ocean Springs, including single-family homes with 2-4 bedrooms, condo/apartments, as well as empty lots.
Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed